Family Self-Sufficiency Manager The Self-Sufficiency Manager is responsible for supervising and providing direction for the Department. This position will manage employment services and microenterprise programs while ensuring service area objectives are meant for the diverse population served. This position will also conduct some employment and microenterprise training activities. This position is a member of the Program Operations Management Team. Bachelor Degree in Sociology, Human Services, Business or a related degree with a min. 5 yrs. working in Social Work, Human Services , Business or in a related field. Minimum of 3 yrs. management experience. Minimum 3 yrs. Work Ready or Microenterprise program experience. Certified or experience in Business Development. (a plus) Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite Applications. Knowledge of case management systems. Strong public speaking skills. Experience with micro-lending. (a plus) Ability to communicate to multi-cultures and diverse socio-economic groups. Ability to collaborate efforts with co-workers and outside organizations. Ability to speak Spanish; Somali (a plus). Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours. Demonstrated Leadership capability and ability to create and maintain a team environment. Ability to be a team player. Valid drivers license.APPLY NOW
Family & Community Partnership Manager
The Family & Community Partnership Manager is responsible for supervising and providing direction for the Family & Community Partnership service area. Ensure service area outcomes by sustainability of family and community strengthening. Oversee the Enrollment, Recruitment, Selection, Eligibility, and Attendance (ERSEA) function. Ensure staff and parent training is done in compliance with funding source and state requirements. Member of the Head Start/Early Head Start Management Team, and a mandated reporter for child abuse and neglect.
Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Family Services or related field required.
- Minimum 5 yrs. working in Social Work, Human Services, Family Services or a related field.
- Minimum 3 yrs. management experience.
- Minimum 2yrs. exp. conducting adult training workshops and giving presentations.
- Experience using Microsoft Suite Applications (i.e. MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.).
- Experience with database development and maintenance; Child Plus exp. (preferred).
- Strong organizational, oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively relate to multi-cultural and diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all office records and information. >
- Demonstrated Leadership capability and ability to create a team environment.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to travel to meetings, Head Start Centers and throughout communities PCA serves.
- A physical, TB screening, criminal record check and DSS request for Search of Central Registry are required. must hold or be willing to obtain certification in First Aid and CPR.
Early Head Start Teacher
The Early Head Start Teacher provides a daily learning environment to infants 6 weeks old – 3yrs. of age to help children develop physically, emotionally, socially, and cognitively. The Early Head Start staff/child ratio is 1:4, group size 8. This position develops lesson plans in relation to the curriculum being taught. The Early Head Start Teacher ensures the classroom and playground are safe. This position reports to the Center Manager. The Early Head Start Teacher is a mandated reporter for child abuse and neglect.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) required. Infant and Toddler CDA preferred.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma (preferred).
- Minimum 2 yrs. teaching young children.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand HS/EHS objectives and Performance Standards, and other applicable state, county and Agency regulations and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must hold or be willing to obtain First Aid, CPR and Fire Safety certification.
- Must hold or be willing to obtain an annual Physical and TB Test.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.