The core job duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned. • Responsible for monitoring all child development centers to ensure compliance with child care licensing, Head Start Performance Standards, ADA, and IDEA. • Maintain current knowledge of funding source requirements, program guidelines and best practices in family development. • Ensure ongoing monitoring and technical support pertaining to curriculum, individualization, and assessment for all children to ensure compliance with requirements set forth by PCA, local, State, federal guidelines, Head Start Performance Standards and accreditation guidelines. • Responsible for mainstreaming children with disabilities into education program through regularly scheduled monitoring and hands-on technical assistance. • Ensure provision of needed equipment, supplies and supportive services/ treatment for each child and families needing special services. • Observe and monitor classroom activities to ensure a developmentally and age appropriate child development program. • Ensure compliance through monitoring, compiling and analyzing program statistical information using ChildPlus and other sources. • Represent the Head Start/Early Head Start Program on community committees and in meetings, as requested, and serves as Acting Early Childhood Development/Health Service Mgr. when requested by the Early Childhood Development/Health Service Mgr., or HS/EHS Director. • Provide appropriate training to Center Directors, Program Specialist, Home-based and Teaching Staff. Utilize the assistance of the Training/Career Development Coordinator for administrative and logistical support relating to training classes. • Recommend changes/new ideas to the Early Childhood Development/Health Services Manager to support the HS/EHS Strategic plan and ROMA. • Participate in all required training and meetings and share learned information with staff.APPLY NOW
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Pre-school Child Development Associate credential (CDA) desired upon hire into position (required within one year of employment in job).
- Minimum 1 yr. experience teaching young children.
- Must hold or be willing to obtain First Aid, CPR and Fire Safety certification.
- Must hold or be willing to obtain an annual Physical and TB Test.
- Ability to understand HS/EHS objectives and Performance Standards, and other applicable state, county and Agency regulations and procedures.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit an updated resume to the Human Resources Department at HRManagement@pcaction.org ; Fax resumes to (404) 508-4787
*DO NOT APPLY BY PRESSING APPLY NOW*APPLY NOW